CloudLinux is releasing a new variant of its OS, CloudLinux OS+, in Q4 2020. How does CloudLinux OS+ compare to the standard version? Read below to find out.
Two New Tools in CloudLinux OS+
The new Plus variant of the CloudLinux OS includes all of the standard features:
- Reseller limits
- LVE resource limitation
- CageFS, a virtualized per-user file system
- MySQL Governor, used to monitor users’ MySQL usage
- PHP, Python, Ruby, and Node.js Selectors, which enable users to choose their desired versions
- Apache mod_lsapi (serves PHP quickly) and suexec modules
CloudLinux OS+ also features two new tools not included in the standard OS:
- PHP X-Ray, a new performance tracing tool that helps sysadmins identify performance bottlenecks in web sites running content management systems.
- Centralized Management, a new performance monitoring tool that enables sysadmins to see the load on each server, and identify the users creating the most load.
PHP X-Ray: Performance Tracing For CMS-based Sites
CloudLinux OS+ includes PHP X-Ray, a new performance tracing tool for sites using content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. If a site has any slow plugins, slow queries, or database bottlenecks, this tool helps identify them.
After receiving many requests from web hosting firms to help them diagnose issues with slow web sites, CloudLinux developed PHP X-Ray to meet that need. It helps sysadmins identify slow plugins, database queries, functions, and external calls.
Centralized Monitoring: A Detailed Look At Server Performance
CloudLinux OS+ includes Centralized Monitoring, a new performance monitoring tool that enables sysadmins to monitor all their servers, determine the load on each one, and identify the users creating the most load.
It provides detailed information on application availability, server performance, hardware temperature, number of users, Apache connections, MySQL connections, CPU steal time for the VM, and per-user resources.
CloudLinux OS+: Available For Direct Purchase Only
Because of the unique capabilities it provides, CloudLinux OS+ will only be available for purchase directly from CloudLinux.
Get Early Access to CloudLinux OS+
To learn more about the differences between CloudLinux OS+ and the standard OS, visit its Features page. There you can also sign up to get early access, and evaluate it before its official release.
If you have any additional questions on CloudLinux OS+, or how to begin using it, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.