CloudLinux Inc. today announced the availability of its KernelCare & CentOS® 6 Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) bundle. This package is intended to protect organizations still running CentOS® 6, which will go end-of-life (EOL) in November.
Running a server without the support of the OS vendor presents major security and uptime problems. Without continued security updates, a server is increasingly susceptible to new sorts of attacks. It is challenging for the enterprise to migrate to the newest versions of CentOS®, and at the same time, they can not run servers without OS support. New vulnerabilities and other issues may be found, but no new patches or fixes will be provided by the vendor to fix them.
|“In working with many organizations, we have seen there is a high affinity between our Extended Lifecycle Support for CentOS®6 service and our KernelCare product,” says Jim Jackson, President and CRO at CloudLinux Inc. “They are both about keeping production Linux systems updated and secure. Therefore, to make it easier and more cost-effective for our customers looking to increase and extend security on their CentOS®6 server fleets we are offering a limited time bundled discount.”|
The KernelCare & CentOS® 6 ELS package includes:
- Rebootless live patching for Linux kernels from KernelCare, with a 15% discount off standard and bulk published pricing
- Extended Lifecycle Support for CentOS® 6, provided by CloudLinux Inc. with a 30% discount off standard or bulk published pricing.
The use of this package involves certain requirements and limitations:
- Minimum 100 units required for eligibility;
- Only for new customers of KernelCare and CentOS®6 ELS service
- KernelCare portion will bill in month purchased;
- CentOS® 6 ELS portion will start billing in December 2020;
- Minimum 6-month subscription required for the bundle;
- Offer is valid for purchase until August 31, 2020.
For more information on KernelCare & CentOS® 6 ELS offer, visit this page.*The CentOSProject has not endorsed and is not affiliated with Cloud Linux or the Extended Lifecycle Support for CentOS® 6. CentOS® is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc.