We at CloudLinux have a mechanism allowing to bring kernel and kernel module updates from CentOS 8 to the CloudLinux OS Shared 7 kernel – we call it hybridization – and so the kernel is hybrid. You might notice such names as “CloudLinux OS 7 Hybrid” in our announcements.
Autohybridization is a mechanism of converting the kernel to the hybrid kernel automatically during the execution of the cldeploy script.
How the Autohybridization works?
- When you convert from CentOS/AlmaLinux to CloudLinux OS Shared via the cldeploy script it checks if your operating system and hardware meet the requirements.
- If the requirements are met, the Autohybridization automatically converts the kernel to the hybrid kernel.
- It brings the latest kernel and kernel module updates from CentOS 8 to your new CloudLinux OS Shared 7 Hybrid kernel.
The full updated list of hardware
This full list is effective starting from cldeploy script v. 1.79.
- Operating system - CentOS 7
Intel CPU microarchitectures AMD CPU microarchitectures Storage
- Cooper Lake/Cascade Lake/ Skylake(Server)
- Ice Lake(Server)
- Alder Lake
- Rocket Lake
- Tiger Lake
- Ice Lake (Client)
- Comet Lake
- Copper lake/cascade lake
- All NVME device