Today, I’m very proud and happy to announce a new tool allowing you to organize kernel panic logs – Kernel Panic Receiver written by the CloudLinux developers as a public project.
Kernel Panic Receiver is a simple Python library for processing kernel panic logs and sending them to Sentry. When panic is happening a kernel (client) sends the logs to your server with Kernel Panic Receiver, it receives all logs, processes them, and sends them to Sentry.
Our CloudLinux OS customers can get this functionality by updating the initscripts package to the latest version.
What can you get with Kernel Panic Receiver:
- Visual representation in Sentry
- Tagging different hosts, type of errors and whatever you want
- Predefined and user-specified hooks
- Tracking repetitive errors under one tag
- Tracking repetitive errors for each server
Visit the Kernel Panic Receiver project GitHub page to read the complete instruction and start using it.